In 1942, writer and film producer Val Lewton (1904-1951) was put in charge of RKO Pictures’ low-budget unit. For the next few years, Lewton delivered one gem after another. All these films were known for their sophisticated camera work and ominous atmosphere. Lewton left RKO at the end of the 1940s to produce A-films for various studios.
List of Films (in chronological order):
The RKO Productions
- Cat People (1942, Jacques Tourneur)
- I Walked With a Zombie (1943, Jacques Tourneur)
- The Leopard Man (1943, Jacques Tourneur)
- The Seventh Victim (1943, Mark Robson)
- The Curse of the Cat People (1944, Robert Wise, Gunther von Fritsch )